McIntosh & Bowman Cheesemongers is a company passionate about cheese

With so much to see and do in the boutique cheese industry, Claudia has taken it upon herself to get out and about as much as possible to meet key cheese people and take part in cheese activities around the world. 'Cheese Diaries' are your way of keeping track of Claudia's cheese adventures and sharing in the information and research she experiences.

Visit www.mcintoshandbowman.com for more info

Friday, July 24, 2009

Postcards from Katrina Durham

Hello fellow cheese lovers,

My journey continues and what fun it is. Last night was the night!!!

My first attempt at making cheese, I pasturised the milk and added the starter to make Quark.

The pot has been wrapped up all night in a warm spot like a little baby and this morning it starting to solidify and I assume take shape. It smells pretty good and has the consistency of yoghurt at the moment.

I have discovered that I have a soft spot (pardon the pun) for goats cheese………..so I am on the hunt for some goats to milk!! I have discovered a hard goats cheese called Blue Moon, it is sensational!
Hope you are well Claudia regards

Katrina Durham

No comments: